Aug 24, 2010

Why don't books label in series?

Okay I want to do a small rant because I'm a little disappointed. I just started a book called Bollywood Babes by Narinder Dhami. I was so excited to read this book. I love Bollywood style stuff. Today I went to look for the picture of the book cover for this blog. Come to find out the Bollywood Babes is actually the 2nd book in the Bindi Babes series. Meaning I got the 2nd book without reading the first. I'm one of those people that just can't read series books out of order. Now I have to dig up the 1st and 3rd books on the internet, so I can read the book I already own. I'm so disappointed right now.

None of this would have happened if people would label series books with the order they're in. Sometimes you start a book in a series. Then you're not sure what the title of the next book is, and you're not near an internet connection to check. That too would be remedied by the publisher merely placing the number 1, 2, 3, etc. on the book cover. Comic books have numbers for pity sake. Why can normal books?Sigh. Oh well, on the shiny side I was enjoying the little I read of 2nd book in the Bindi Babes Series. Imagine how much more I'll like it once I'm actually introduced to the characters in the first book.  I hope I can find a good used copy to order on Amazon.

5 comments:

pussreboots said...

I've read books two and three in the series without reading the first. They stand alone well enough. Bollywood Babes is a delightful book.

Anonymous said...

i agree with you. id get more books if i knew if theyre or not part of a series

Bonnie said...

Well, it would be helpful, I agree! I was intrigued by the books so I went to check out the Bindi Babes and it looks like a great series.

Fi-chan said...

Yeah, it would be helpful, especially for super long series. Would be great if they list down inside the book as well. Anyway, I keep wondering if I Heart New York, I Heart Hollywood, and I Heart Paris are in a series, or standalone. They don't label them as in a series, but they have the same main character, right? D: Confusing. I haven't read any of them yet, of course.

Marce said...

I agree Jazz, how hard can it be really.

This is another small reason on why i enjoy stand alones.

And talk about the series that the titles or covers are similar, sigh.