Apr 25, 2011

Short Story of The Week (35) - Strawberry Spring

Story Title: Strawberry Spring
From: Night Shift
Author: Stephen King

Summary

A mysterious murderer stalks small college campus.

Favorite Line

"We looked into each other's eyes and tried to read the darkness behind one of them."

My Thoughts

I've been meaning to read a Stephen King short story for weeks, but I kept forgetting to take it to work with me. Today I finally remembered. I was intrigued by the title Strawberry Spring. Mostly because I couldn't imagine what it could be about. It seemed like a rather flowery title for something written by Stephen King. As you can tell by the summary it turned out to be anything but flowery. However, that was a good thing. Strawberry Spring was full of wacky but subtle surprises. Which made it an extremely fast read. The ending completely knocked my socks off. I couldn't believe it. Totally didn't see it coming. Stephen continues to amaze me with awesome story telling.

No comments: