Jul 26, 2011

Short Story of The Week (41) - Hot Chocolate

Story Title: Hot Chocolate
From: Short Stories For Older, and Not Quite So Old Children
Author: Dandi Palmer

Summary

A group of futuristic children enter a holographic program. Insanity ensues. 

My Thoughts

I don't know if me and the short stories in this book are quite gelling. It's not that they are bad. It's just that I don't read them and think: "Wow! That was great." "Hot Chocolate" was kind of hard for me to get into. It took me awhile to figure out what was really going on. On the bright side once I did start to understand it I found it rather amusing. I will say that it would be a good read to teach children new vocabulary words. Still I had mixed feelings about "Hot Chocolate" and the story I read in this book a couple weeks ago "Queenie."  I don't know if I want to read more from this book or not.   

No comments: