Aug 18, 2011

Follow Friday, Blog Hop, and TGIF! Shiny!

Hello all. Hope you have fun stopping by this week. Have a rocking Friday and Keep it shiny!

Photobucket


Q. If you could write yourself a part in a book, what book would it be and what role would you play in that book?

At first this question stumped me because I've been reading paranormal thrillers and horror books recently. While they can be fun to read I don't think I'd like to be in one. However, once I got past that I thought of a lot of great books to be in. I think I'd like to be a character in The Hunger Games. I mean who wouldn't want to hang with Katniss, Peta, and the rest of the gang. Plus, lots of action. I think I'd prefer to be character in the third book though. I'm fine with protesting and fighting the good fight, not so much into actually being in the Hunger Games fight to the death thing. I'm thinking Neverwhere and Stardust would be good books to be part of too. Being a fantasy creature would be awesome. Perhaps something with wings. Of course, I'm always open to being in anything with superheroes. 

Photobucket

Hosted by Greads

The Reviews We Don't Write:
Have you ever read a book and not wanted to review it? Are some books too personal that we want to keep our thoughts our own?

I have to say this hasn't happened to me yet. At least not with a book. There was a comic I read not long ago that I didn't want to review. That was because it wasn't that good and it was only 22 pages long. I figured why waste the time on it. 

For me the more personal the book is the the more I want to review it so some else can know how wonderful it is. Though I do admit that sometimes the words might not come as easily to be if I found it so deeply wonderful. I always find the words eventually though. Series books can be a tough nut to crack as well, but so far I've found a way to weave around spoilers. We'll see if I can keep it up. I usually don't broadcast that I'm reading a book unless I intend to finish it. That eliminates the not wanting to review something I didn't finish problem. I actually don't mind reviewing books that I re-read either. Though consider those posts more like me telling my new experience with something that I already enjoyed. Isn't it cool how when you read something again you see something new in the material. Well I think it's cool anyway.

Book Blogger Hop

Hosted by Crazy For Books

“What’s the LONGEST book you’ve ever read?”

It's a toss up between Gone with the Wind and The Stand. Wait I think The Stand is longer by a few pages.

4 comments:

Brett @ Demons Read Too said...

Having wings could be fun, but I'd get sick of slitting holes in the back of all my shirts.

New Follower ;) Here's my FF

Sidne said...

hello, c/o TGIF. i have found books that i didnt want to review, why?
http://sidnebkclubreviewz.blogspot.com

Imo said...

Oooh...i'd love to be in Stardust, that is one amazing fantasy world right there.
It'd also be great to in the Hunger Games, although i agree about not wanting to be in the ACTUAL games, i would be dead in the first minute *gulp*
Have an awesome weekend, and stop by if you can, i love meeting new people!

Susan @ Reading World said...

GWTW is one of my longest, at least one of my favorite long books. It's been awhile since I've read it and now I have an urge to read it again. (I'm about to start Mockinjay. Is it as much of a page turner as the first two?)