Mar 14, 2012

Short Story of the Week (63) - The Butterfly

Story Title: The Butterfly
Author: Hans Christian Andersen

Summary

A butterfly searches for a flower to be his bride.

My Thoughts

I'm still on the look out for a new short story book, but I figured until then Hans Christian Andersen will suffice. His stories are always at least entertaining. The Butterfly was an alright little tale. I felt like it didn't have much of a point. I thought the butterfly was really quite a silly character. However, the story amused me regardless, and the writing had a lyrical quality that I liked. This story was at least much happier than some of Andersen's works. In fact it's was much more joyful than any of the short stories I've read in the last few weeks. I need to find some funny short stories. 

No comments: