Jun 13, 2010

Book List Sunday: Top 5 Places To Read

Hello all. As I said last post I'm changing from Book List Saturday to Book List Sunday. I've still got to get used to posting a little earlier in the the day, but from what I can tell this is going to work a lot better. Okay, on with the show.

Have you ever realized that you like to read certain places more than others? I have. Here is the top 5 countdown of the places I like to read best.

5. In the lobby of my dance school. Obviously I don't read while I'm working, but if there's a little time in between classes this is where I like to go. We've got some nice tables and chairs in there, and there's wonderful windows in the front. It's kind of like a baby sun room.

4. In the car. Okay this sounds dangerous if you don't know that I don't drive. Yes, I sadly don't drive. I'm scared okay. I can't turn the wheel and press the gas pedal at the same time. Some might argue that I should be coordinated as a dancer, but apparently not when it comes to cars. Anyway, I think I like to read in the car, because it makes me really relaxed.


3. Curled up on the couch. I love reading in the right side corner of my living room couch. I don't get do this often, because someone else is usually on the couch. Including my dog, who is quite fond of the right couch corner as well. On those rare occasions when I get my spot and the TV is off I can read there for hours.


2. In the chair in my home library/bear room. First I bet you're wondering what a bear room is. I collect teddy bears. The dining room is the place where my collection resides. Thus, the title bear room. My mom and I later made this in to a library to house our many books. I guess being surround by teddy bears and books is a great inspiration to read. I also figured out that I can recline comfortably if I use one of my dining room table chairs as a foot stool, while siting in my leather chair. I even found a place to sit my snacks and drinks beside me. Can you say awesome?


1. My number one place to read is outside. This of course can only happen in the spring or when it's not too hot in the summer. Even so it is my favorite place. What is so funny is I don't usually like to hang out outdoors much. In fact that only thing I do like to do outside is read. I can't explain why. I think I just like the sun and the breeze.

That's all folks. See you next week. Hopefully, I'll have a review out by then. Yes, I did finish The Stand in a week. Yes! Technically I missed my Saturday dead line, but I did finish at 5 a.m. this morning, so I think that is close enough. See you all. Keep it shiny!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love to read outdoors as well, we have a hammock strung up in our undercover area and its just heaven to curl up with a good book. Only problem that I have is that swinging in the hammock puts me to sleep quickly. Many hours have been enjoyed snoozing and reading.