Apr 12, 2011

Short Story of The Week (34) - Death Makes A Come Back

Story Title: Death Makes A Come Back
From: 100 Greatest Short Stories
Author: James O'Keefe

Summary

Detective sets to work at solving murders committed by a serial killer who goes by the name of Mephistopheles.

Favorite Line

"Obsessed people can't think straight."

My Thoughts

I hadn't read a mystery short story yet. This week it was time. The title caught my eye. It sounded so poetic that I had to check it out. I thought the story was crazy good. A little crazy creepy too. I mean you have to expect that from anything with a killer that leaves note to the police. There was more to it than that though. It's hard to explain. I guess I got the feeling there was more to the story than what was in the surface. I was able to pen point some to the symbolism but not all of it. I will definitely have to read it again. It's worth re-reading.

No comments: