Aug 16, 2011

My Epic Read Adventures: From Writer's Block to Writing Overflow

Chapter 15: From Writers Block to Writing Overflow

Hey loves. I wanted to post my book review for A Wrinkle In Time this morning, but something crazy happened. I totally started having writer's block on the actual book review section. I know, the most important section right? I had finished almost the whole review except for that part. I finally cleared my mind to write it then something crazy happened again. I had what I can only term writing overflow. All these words just started appearing. It was kind of awesome. Then I realized I would have to edit all I had written to make it not be the eternal review. Opps! I'm going to try to post the edited review in the wee hours of the morning if I can. If not I'll just shoot for the afternoon, because I'll probably be sleeping in the morning. I hope this multitude of words continues for tomorrow when I start work on my review of Knocked Out By My Nunga-Nungas. That would be flipping awesome.

Now I want to reply to some of my followers who commented on the last installment. Lori, I totally understand what you mean about reading being a visceral experience. I totally agree that's why I don't listen to a great many modern works audio books. However, I do like to listen to classic books, because sometimes those storys just need acting out for them to come across to me. Plus, it's sort of like experiencing the memory of being read to as a child. You do have to be careful with audio books before bed though. It's really easy to space out or fall asleep. Unless you're listening to the book in order to fall asleep, in that case don't worry about it. 

Sara, I totally did not know that you were into the show Roswell too! Yay! I have all three seasons on DVD. Nice to hear that I'm not the only fan. As for Nina, I don't want to give to much away on what I think of the Roswell High books because I'm obviously going to review them soon. I'm going to do the first and second book in one post, because I just think it would be easier that way. I have to admit that the first time I read the series I never actually read past book 4 for some reason. I'm just as curious as anyone on what happens after that book. I will tell you that the Roswell High books are the ones you pick up for good fun and easy reading. 

See you all later. Sorry I'm such a loopy reviewer. Occasionally I lose my mind, but in good way. Ha ha! Keep it shiny!

Progress Report

Number of Books Finished So Far This Week: 1
Number of Books Completed This Year: 33
Number of Book Left To Complete: 67
New Primary Read Chosen: Slice of Cherry
Miscellaneous Comments: Judging from the first chapter Slice of Cherry seems like it's going to be the most creepifying YA novel I've read in a long time. That's definitely interesting. 

No comments: