Oct 25, 2011

My Epic Reading Adventures: Distracted by Music

Chapter 23: Distracted by Music

Hello all. Long time no see. The strange fact is that I haven't been reading as much as usual lately or even blogging much. What I've really been into is writing songs and playing music. It just an area I'm very inspired in right now. Which is great but it's distracted me from blogging. However, I have not forgotten you my fabulous readers. I do have upcoming short story reviews and book reviews. I was going to review My Year With Eleanor next, but I'm thinking since it's kind of close to Halloween maybe I should review Dr. Jekyel and Mr, Hyde instead. 

As for what I been reading well. I had a bit of a back slide one week and only read one book. I just didn't know what I felt like reading that week. I know I have a lot of secondary reads I could pick up, but I was in the mood for something new. My mom suggested that I should read a comic or a manga, and that helped me get back on track last week. Right now I'm reading Shiver. It is certainly not novella length, but my mom kept talking about how great it was so I had to read it right after her. I think I'll finish it quickly. Hope to see you all tomorrow with my short story review. Keep it shiny!

Progress Report

Number of Books Read This Year: 56
Number of Book Left to Complete: 44

1 comment:

LoriStrongin said...

Shiver is definitely a great read--hope you enjoy it!

If you're looking for something light and fun, check out Piers Anthony's Xanth series. It's set in a word of magic users and creatures that looks awfully like Florida. The first one is A Spell for Chameleon, and still is one of my favorite books of all time. Fun and quirky with interesting characters and a villain who's really not so evil and a hero who's really not so good.


Smiles!
Lori