Hello Everyone. Hope everyone is having a great first week of the new year. Last year I started this segment to keep track of my progress with my reading and set goals to improve my blogging skills. I liked it so much that I've decided to keep going. To get the ball rolling I would like to state all my blogging and reading goals for this year.
- Read at 105 books
- Join reading challenges. I went on the Novel Challenge blog site of discover all the cool challenge for 2012. I've joined 5 so far this year. I think it's a good way to have fun and make your reading goals clear. I might consider joining a couple more I just that I want to make sure I can really commit to them.
- Join Goodreads. I've actually already done this. I think I was the only book blogger in the universe that didn't have a goodreads. Which is hilarious because I use the summaries from that site all the time. I'm kind of addicted to rating books and making reading lists now. Plus, they have a nifty widget to record your reading progress for the year. Shiny!
- Do my best to read at least two books a week.
- Post Short Story of the Week on Monday or Tuesday. No more of this later in the week stuff I've been doing. It's getting ridiculous. I makes more since to post earlier in the week when I actually have time.
- Read Short Story on Sunday.
- Post at least 3 times a week.
- Post a book review every week or every two weeks.
- Catch up on books sent to me for review.
- Read longer books.
I Will Not:
- Read more than two books at a time. I like to read more than one book at a time but last year I tried to read like 4 books at at time. That lead me to starting a lot of books that I never finished. So only two book at time from now on.
- Get overly involved in fan fiction. I actually did really well at not doing this last year, but I'm just putting it down now to keep me on track. Fan fiction is fun and I will still read it, but I'm not going to spend hours reading fan fic that is over 30 chapters when I could be reading a book.
- Waste my rare moments of time off. I so often waste my time off work by sleeping it away or just laying on the couch. Not smart when you're short on time during the rest of the week. I will now promise to read or write at least a little bit on my time off of work.
I started reading The Looking Glass Wars this week. I've had the whole trilogy for a while but haven't gotten around to reading it until now. I'll probably read all three books and then start The Girl Who Played With Fire. I also started listening to Tarzan over again on audio book today. This is on my list of books that I started but never finished. I discovered the perfect way to listen to audio books for me is to listen while I'm cleaning. It makes me relaxed enough that cleaning don't become stressful, but the cleaning keeps me from falling asleep while listening. I think I'm going to not only finish the book, but have a cleaner living space as well. Shiny! Book review coming tomorrow. I just have to edit it and it's ready for public viewing. See you then.