Sep 14, 2010

About Books Blog 27: On The Brightside, I'm Now The Girlfriend of a Sex God

georgia nicholson book 2 Pictures, Images and Photos



Author: Louise Rennison
Genre: Young Adult


Related Reviews In The Confessions of Georgia Nicolson Series

Favorite Line

“That’s it, my life is over; I must go to an ugly home immediately.”

Summary

The summary is from Harper Collins Publishing website.

Georgia Nicolson has started dating the Sex God (a.k.a Robbie). So life should be perfect . . . except in Georgia's life, nothing is ever perfect. Her cat, Angus (the size of a small Labrador), is terrorizing the neighborhood. Her sister, Libby (who is slightly mad), hides her pooey knickers at the bottom of Georgia's bed.

Then the Sex God breaks it off because she's too young. It's time for a plan. It's time for a Red Herring. It's time for Georgia to become a "heartless boy magnet!"

What I Thought Of This Book

The hilarity that was contained in the first book continues into the second. I was doing really well at not laughing aloud when I started read. That was only because Georgia’s humor was a little toned down by the fact that she might be moving to New Zealand. About a quarter of the way though the book I just could not contain myself anymore. I started giggling aloud in front of people like a person that was completely off her nut. When Georgia talks about gluing her eyes together once it’s hard to hold in the laughter.

Georgia even makes getting dumped amusing. Some of her actions just made me shake my head at her silliness. I mean she really did feel a little bad about using Dave “The Laugh” as her Red Herring to make Robbie jealous, but it took her forever to do something about it. She is still as immature as ever. However, I have grown to find that endearing.

On The Bright Side, I’m Now the Girlfriend of a Sex God is an enjoyable sequel and equally as good as the first installment. I wish the title were shorter. It is so difficult to fit in the blog title spot. I have to tell you something funny. Between reading this, watching North and South, Atonement, and episodes of the show Skins, I started thinking in a bit of an English accent for a while. I am wacko right? On the bright side it was kind of fun while it lasted.

Facts I Found Interesting

In the UK the novel was published with the title It’s OK, I’m Wearing Really Big Knickers. I guess it was just impossible to give this book a short title.

The Movie

Since elements of this book were used in the movie Angus, Thongs, and Perfect Snogging. I reviewed the in the post for the first novel in the series, so if you want to know what I thought of the film take a spin over to the previous blog post.

Music To Read By

Favorite Albums

I have yet to find my musical stride when it comes to the Confessions of Georgia Nicolson series. I just never know what album will fit best. I’m sure it will come to me eventually, but until then I will keep putting my mp3 on random and having a listen. This playlist is just as full of peppy pop as the last one. I guess Georgia strikes me as a peppy pop music type of character.

On the Bright Side... Playlist

Lollipop (Remix) - The Chordettes
Forever and Always - Taylor Swift
Time Machine - The Click Five
Who Needs Love? - Razorlight
Naive - Lily Allen
7 Things - Miley Cyrus
My Life Would Suck Without You - Kelly Clarkson
Borderline/Open Your Heart - Glee Cast









Well see later my darlings. I will post the short story of the week tomorrow. Keep it shiny until then. Hugs!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I have been so tempted by these books, the titles are fantastic, I just have actually picked them.

Now I hear that they continue to be fun... I really need to get these books. :)

The Lollipop remix is great.

Anonymous said...

I remember giggling at the title of this with a friend when I read it when it was first out (I was maybe 13 at the time). I'm in the UK so it was It's Ok I'm Wearing Really Big Knickers. I wonder why they changed the title. I kind of want to finish the series but I don't think I'd get the same enjoyment now.

Over from the hop by the way