May 27, 2011

Blog Hop!

Book Blogger Hop

Hello all. I haven't done the blog hop in awhile. I just thought this would be a good weekend to go for it. I can't wait to visit your blogs, and hope you have fun looking at mine. A note for those that are already followers. The Short Story of the Week posts will return on June 6. Until then I'm just going to be posting the weekly book reviews. Now on to the question this time.

"What book-to-movie adaption have you most liked? Which have you disliked?"

What an excellent question. It's a little tough because movies rarely measure up to the awesomeness of the books they are based on. At the same time I really love movies, so it's hard to narrow down my favorites. Here are a few of my favorites off the top of my head. Gone with the Wind, Breakfast at Tiffany's, Pride and Prejudice, The Stand (mini-series), and Stardust. I wouldn't say all of these are exactly like the books, but they all at least capture the spirit of the material they are based on. These are all adaptations I usually drop everything to sit down and watch. However, there are so many more that I enjoy.

As for adaptations I dislike that question is quite easy to answer. My two least favorites are Twilight and Ella Enchanted. Don't even get me started on all the reasons why these adaptations were so wrong. Both these films just left me wondering why they movie makers totally messed up a couple of my favorite books. Ha ha. Oh well, nobody's perfect.

2 comments:

Marce said...

I haven't watched any of those.

BTW - Did you watch Black Swan, like it??? I enjoyed it, made me go down dancer life memories, to love but not miss those days.

Elise said...

Oh Gone With the Wind is one of my faves :) I like the others you mentioned as well.

BTW New follower :) Thanks for following and visiting Gladiator's Pen