Jun 8, 2011

Short Story of The Week (36) - After Many Days

Story Title: After Many Days
From: Lucy Maud Montgomery Short Stories: 1902 to 1903
Author: Lucy Maud Montgomery

Summary

A man repays the old man who believed in him.

Favorite Line

"I knew you'd a good heart."

My Thoughts

First of all I'm back. Yay! I meant to post on Monday, but coordinating the end of the year show at my dance school sort of knocked me off my feet for a couple of days. Anyway, I'm very excited to be writing again. On to my thoughts on this week's short story.

I was in the mood for something sweet today. I've found that it never fails that Lucy Maud Montgomery wrote something endearing in one way or another. I was was not disappointed when I finished After Many Days. It sweet in a very real world kind of way. I liked that it starts off with a tiny bit of mystery. It ended up being a story about thanking the people who shaped who you are for the better. It's a beautiful idea. It was a lovely read for my relaxing week off.

No comments: