Jul 20, 2011

My Epic Reading Adventures: Movie Screens and Dancing Dreams

Chapter 8: Movie Screens and Dancing Dreams

Last weekend I got to see one of my favorite book adaptations, and classic films Breakfast at Tiffany's on the big screen at a local movie theater. I've seen it tons of times before, because classic films are awesome and Audrey Hepburn classic films are even better. It was even more fun to see it in the theater though. I really enjoyed sharing the experience with other audience members. Hearing their laughter at the funny parts and their reactions to the dramatic sections made it seem like a new movie to me. It made me want to re-read the novella too. However, I'm going to wait for a bit to read it. I guess it just feels like it's almost the right time to re-read it but not the right time yet. 

I want to thank Lyssa, Bonnie, Lori for commenting on the last installment. Lori I'm glad I'm not the only one in the insomnia sucks club. I too got my night owl tendencies from my mother. Unfortunately after last week I went back to being up until 3 and 4 o'clock in the morning. Oh well, at least I'm getting a lot of reading done. Lyssa that's for the encouragement though I still feel like I'm pretty far from my goal. 

To answer your question Bonnie I do in fact own a dance school. When I started my  business at age 19 the idea was always to have a dance company and a school that branched off of that. However, back then I didn't know any other dancers with either the skill or the like mindedness for my dance company venture, so I just put my focus into the dance school part of my job. 5 years passed, but last year I met my friend and co-teacher Natalie. We are what Anne Shirley in Anne of Green Gables would call kindred spirits. We work, dance, and choreograph well together. Thus, I decided that it was finally time to take my dance company idea off the back burner. We only just started working, but we already have some beautiful dances in the works. I'm still going to be running my dance school, but I'm going to rehearse during the afternoons when I'm not teaching. 

Oh speaking of Anne of Green Gables here's a random fact. Their is a dance technique called Brain Dance. The woman who developed it is name Anne Green Gilbert. Can you believe it? I never forget her name. There is my random fact for the day. Gosh, now I want to re-read the Anne books too. Ha ha!

Progress Report

Number of Books Completed So Far This Week: 1
Number of Books Left to Complete: 76
New Primary Books Chosen: The Gunslinger, The Magician's Nephew
Miscellaneous Comments: I'm not as ahead as I usually am this week, but that's okay. As long as I read at least 1 more book this week I'll still be on track. I guess I'm in a fantasy mood because both my picks this time are fantasy stories. Keep it shiny all!

No comments: