May 2, 2012

Short Story of The Week - Rumpelstiltskin

Story Title: Rumpelstiltskin
Authors: The Brothers Grimm

Summary

A miller's daughter makes a trade with an imp in order to become the wife of a king.

My Thoughts

I am particularly interested in Grimm's fairy tales at the moment. I've kind of made in my plan to read as many of the stories as I can. Today I decided to start with Rumpelstiltskin simply because I haven't read it in some time. I actually started off the morning reading it and I have to say it was a fun way to start the day. There really isn't a lot to the story. Fairy tales often get right to the point with out using flowery language or a ton of character developement. However, the benefit of that is that it was a quick read that made me feel like I was using my brain cells. I totally forgot the Rumpelstiltskin gets ripped in half at the end of the tale. Gross! Ha ha! I guess I see why I might have blocked the ending out. Otherwise, it's an interesting story. It is also a fun one to study on Wikipedia. Actually most Grimm's tales are if you are into looking things like that up on the internet. 


No comments: