Apr 6, 2010

Top Ten Picks: Books You Have To Read At Least Once


I know I posted already today, but I saw this cool post Jillian @ Random Ramblings. She does the awesome weekly post called Top Ten Picks, where she picks a theme and list ten books within that theme. You know how I love a list, and this one sounded fun. The theme is books you have to read at least once in you life. If you want to check out Jillian's list click here.

It was tough to pick just ten. Mine are in no a particular order.

Photobucket

It just a wonderful coming of age classic. Plus I have wonderful memories attached to it. My mom got me into the Anne books.


Excellent fantasy with allegory. It has endearing characters as well. I need to read them again.

Jane Eyre Pictures, Images and Photos

Gothic romance with a touch of mystery. You have to love that. Plus, all the scenes are so well thought out and touching.

Jane Austen Pride and Prejudice Pictures, Images and Photos

Everyone has to read this a least once or you're crazy. I actually read this for school the first time. I didn't finish before I had to take the test, but it was so good that I still finished it even after the test was over. I was so lucky that the test questions all can from the beginning of the book though. Haha.

gone with the wind Pictures, Images and Photos
 Best example of historical fiction there is. Of course, if it wasn't it would be sad, since it took the woman ten years to write it. Plus, it's just wacky fun because the characters are complete fools.

speak Pictures, Images and Photos

I don't know if it's a book that everyone in the world must read, but it's a must read for me. I just love the writing style. The way the author approached the tough subject matter in a way that teenagers could relate to was brilliant.

 Wuthering Heights Pictures, Images and Photos
I guess I just like the Bronte sisters. This is kind of a crazy read, but a great one. I really disliked Heathcliff though. However, it shows how good the writing was, by the fact that I had such a tangible dislike for a fictional character. 

ella enchanted the book Pictures, Images and Photos

Okay, I admit this is only on here because it is my favorite book of all time. I just loved the spin she put on the Cinderella story. 

The Thorn Birds Pictures, Images and Photos

It has great story telling. I love how the story focuses around the idea that the actions of the older generations can effect the younger ones. 


Definitely a classic. I read this for the first time in 5th grade. By the time I got to read it for high school I had the thing memorized. I think I was the only kid in 9th grade that was crazy like that.


Well thats my list. Keep it shiny kids!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ella Enchanted, yes! I definitely agree it's a must read. Surprisingly, I've only read Ella and Anne from this list (and the last book of Narnia). I'll have to add some of these to my TBR list =)

Nina said...

Pride and Prejudice, Loved that book and it's one of my favourites of Jane Austen. You should try Emma. :)
Your list is great, I haven't read Ella, but it seems to be a fun, cute book.