Jan 24, 2011

Short Story of The Week #24: A Haunted House

Story Title: A Haunted House
From: 100 Greatest Short Stories
Author: Virginia Woolf

Summary

Ghost couple observes others in their home.

Favorite Line

"Oh, is this your buried treasure? The light in the heart."

My Thoughts

This story was exactly what I expected from a Virginia Woolf story. Beautifully worded and a little confusing. Actually, it made more since after I read it a second time. You have to catch all the little nuances to grasp this one fully. However, once it did I really enjoyed the idea of it.


Alright see you all later. Good grief! Every time I go to look at this blog it says that this site contains elements of a website that has malware. What the heck! I'll try to see what I can do about it. I hope it's nothing serious. I've continued to the site and nothing has happened. This is so annoying. Sigh... Now that I've updated it seems fine. I hope it stays that way. Technology is weird.

No comments: